Thursday, June 22, 2017

Hot as H...


California’s 2017 rainy season (October 2016 – March 2017) was the 2nd wettest since scientists started recording weather over 122 years ago. It was a lot of water but it came with benefits, not only for umbrella manufacturers but more importantly for filling up the reservoirs up north. It's not surprising that The Old Farmers Almanac, which has been around for a whopping 325 years and holds the record for the oldest continuously published periodical in North America, also predicted a very wet season. 
Fast forward to June 2017 and Los Angeles’s newest breaking record blistering HEAT, and I’m not talking about the jalapeño peppers. Try 101 degrees in my backyard. Of course, I just planted my veggie garden and all my plants are barely clinging to life, despite being watered three times a day. Plus, I am in the midst of the husband’s bathroom remodel and yesterday was the tar on the shower floor day, which means the house smells like a roof. A very hot, stinky roof.

Things couldn’t get worse, right? Wrong. Our air conditioning stopped working. According to the Old Farmers Almanac today's weather is just a preview of what is to come. "Summer will be hotter than normal with the hottest periods early and mid to late July and mid August."
Figure my only way out is the mall, the movie theater or the gym. Unfortunately at this hour the only thing open is the gym so as soon as the contractors arrive I am out of here. Hope you have a cool, calm day.

No comments:

Post a Comment