Sunday, October 22, 2017

Lipstick on a Pig


A real honest to goodness laundry room. Never had one. Never had the fun of decorating a laundry room with adorable signs and labeled baskets. Poor me, I know.  Our Washer/Dryer is relegated to the garage and although I love our house, I have always hated the dark and dingy cave where our Kenmore duo resides.
On my To Do One Day wish list was to make the spooky W/D corner a little less frightening. So, in honor of Halloween, last week I tackled this scary corner.
I agree with the porcine proverb, “If you put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig.” so I wasn’t expecting miracles. However, what I wanted to do, build walls around the monstrous water heater, was not possible with my very small budget. Determined to tackle this eyesore I went to where the experts hang out – Pinterest – and found some budget friendly ideas to hide the scary water heater. Well, actually there weren’t many options, just two – a folding screen or fabric from a curtain rod.
As you can see in the above After photo (sorry not to post a Before photo but trust me, it would have frightened the bejesus out of you!)  I went with a lightweight screen with a NYC scene.  And, I was able to hang up a NYC sign.  It’s not the laundry room of my dreams but this piggy is wearing bright red lipstick and if I do say myself, it looks fabulous!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment